Search our current job opportunities below.
Shinhan Bank Canada is a Federally Regulated Financial Institution which is wholly-owned subsidiary of Shinhan Bank Korea. Our doors opened in March 2009 and since that day we have been privileged to serve our communities. We have continued to grow our presence, with branches in North York, Mississauga, Thornhill and Coquitlam in British Columbia. Our ultimate goal is to help clients prosper through our expertise, create an environment where our people thrive and unlock their full career potential and enrich our communities.
We are currently looking for an Business Operations Advisor who is responsible for operating and overseeing bank’s overall centralized business operations, payment processing, channel management, support for back office and etc. in a secure and effective way to achieve business operations goals and is specifically responsible for finding troubles and improvements in overall business operations and proposing a solution. With effective communication, the Business Operations Advisor supports branch and customer requests and prevents expected operational risks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and review overall daily payment processing including EFT, Cheque Clearing and Bill Payment with good understanding business operations guideline
- Manage and operate the regular business operations based on the processing timeline/schedule
- Supervise and manage overall business operation process with leadership and banking service/business knowledge
- Document and report process details when issuing or exceptional situations in a timely manner
- Lead and collaborate well with the team (junior associates) to achieve good performance
- Execute overall channel management duties related to debit card, online banking and etc.
- Review and operate GIC wholesale payment and supporting Treasury back office
- Ensure that the tracking system is updated and outdated items are followed up on
- Support claims and investigations regarding business operations
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Execute new service process setup related to business operations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business related fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience; in banking service and business operations is preferred
- 1-2 years of people management experience
- Understanding of technology and business domain knowledge
- Strong customer orientation
- Attention to detail and a technical, logical thought process and problem-solving skills
- Organized and ability to multi-task
- An ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize (Time Management)
- Excellent English verbal/written communications skills
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this job opportunity, however we will only contact candidates selected to continue in the interview process.