Search our current job opportunities below.
Shinhan Bank Canada is a Federally Regulated Financial Institution which is wholly-owned subsidiary of Shinhan Bank Korea. Our doors opened in March 2009 and since that day we have been privileged to serve our communities. We have continued to grow our presence, with branches in North York, Mississauga, Thornhill and Coquitlam in British Columbia. Our ultimate goal is to help clients prosper through our expertise, create an environment where our people thrive and unlock their full career potential and enrich our communities.
The Compliance Advisor will report directly to and assist the Senior Compliance Manager in matters relating to applicable Laws and Regulations: Bank Act (BA), Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), CDIC Deposit Insurance Information By-law, CDIC Differential Premium By-law, Income Tax Act, Labour Code, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Copyright Act and Privacy Act, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct risk assessment once new or changing regulations
- Provide regulatory updates to relevant departments
- Establish, manage, and monitor Ethidex
– Notifying each business unit for updates and review each department’s work
– Assist CCO to determine whether it is appropriate and complete for any deficiencies taking an action plan and follow up
– Inherent Compliance Risk Scoring and apply mitigation control and Residual risk scoring
- Conduct quality assurance (Testing) for all departments’ input including self and risk assessments to the Ethidex application
- Review Terms and Conditions and/or other official forms
- Review contract and maintain a centralized list of all of its outsourcing arrangements up to date
- Monitor and review customers’ complaints
- Update Compliance training material
- File OSFI Corporate return (RRS)
- Obtain applicable annual attestation and related party questionnaire from all members (Board of Directors)
- Manage Declaration of Tax Residence (DTR) management/reporting
- File FCAC periodic reporting in a timely manner and serve as a liaison between the CCO and FCAC*
- Monitor and manage any litigations, claims and official requests such as Court orders and external letters from the CRA, Police and/or other law enforcement
- Assist Compliance Function in supporting oversight of Bank’s Compliance framework including Policy and Procedures where appropriate
- Support in preparation of CCO Report to the Board and Senior Management – quarterly and annual RCM Compliance Report including consolidation of Ethidex Remedial Action Plan
- Ensure timely communication and reporting on RCM Compliance matters to the parent bank
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or graduate degree in business, finance, law or related field required
- 5-10 years of experience in a banking industry is required
- Legal background is considered a significant asset
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills essential for this role
- Demonstrated experience working with highly confidential information
- Strong time management skills – able to effectively prioritize work assignments
- Ability to effectively present findings and recommendations; recognizing when matters require escalation to the management
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this job opportunity, however we will only contact candidates selected to continue in the interview process.