Search our current job opportunities below.
As part of Shinhan Bank’s journey to an employer of choice, the HR and Organizational Development Department is focused on driving a leading enterprise-wide human capital strategy for the Bank. The HR and Organizational Development Department is responsible for identifying and delivering opportunities across the Bank that accelerates and reinforces our culture of leading practices, compliance, high performance and continuous improvement.
Working in partnership with the business, the HR and Organizational Development Department creates the People Strategy and ensures high quality programs and counsel are provided to business leaders. The HR team members are highly adept at assessing organizational needs/capabilities and developing strategies and programs to achieve business objectives and enhance organization effectiveness. The HR team develops and leads talent management and recruitment initiatives to position the Bank to successfully meet, anticipate and execute on the current and future talent requirements.
The HR MANAGER reports to the VP, HR and Organizational Development and plays a key role in supporting the business strategy through participation in the development and execution of key people and organizational development initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular consultations with the VP, HR to analyze and prioritize business objectives and make HR related recommendations that will assist with meeting business goals
- Support the development of talent mobility including proactive workforce planning and succession planning and competency profiles across the business units
- Participate in projects such as workforce planning, competency development, talent mapping, salary review, regulatory reporting, reviews and other initiatives
- Tracks and facilitate employment contract terms to initiate and confirm contract agreements and regularization
- Lead the recruitment program for determined levels, from sourcing to onboarding
- Conduct onboarding for all new employees on day of hire; participate in the planning of quarterly corporate onboarding session
- Analyze data, HR metrics, interviews and surveys to inform programs and make recommendations to decrease employee turnover and positively impact culture
- Works with VP, HR & Organizational Development to ensure that line managers are effectively and proactively managing staff performance by providing assistance with training plans, corrective action documentation, and performance feedback.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of talent solutions to accelerate performance, plan for future talent needs, drive employee engagement and develop talent to deliver business results.
- Support and enable the achievement of business strategies by providing proactive insights based on people and organizational strengths and constraints
- Participate in the design and delivery of customized solutions to support organizational development and transformation
- Active member of the HR & Organizational Development team that develops and delivers high impact HR programs aligned with enterprise priorities and business needs, as assigned
- Develop tracking of HR activities and communication strategies to VP, HR
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field
- 7+ years experience in financial services, or other professional/corporate environment
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently and contribute to a high performing team that has strong collaboration, communication and expertise
- Strong change management skills with demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for change within the Bank and drive a best in class culture
- Proven track record of delivering results by demonstrating the ability to take independent action with a strong sense of urgency and good communications to head of department
- Advanced understanding of policies and regulations, in a federally regulated industry preferred
- Highly accountable for completion of tasks and delivery of results
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in managing and delivering the talent agenda for an innovative and agile team in an increasingly competitive business environment
- Superb problem solving and influencing skills
- Change management experience and proven success in planning, leading and implementing human resources initiatives and large projects
- Demonstrated understanding and application of human capital metrics.
Job Type: Full-time