Search our current job opportunities below.
Shinhan Bank Canada is a Federally Regulated Financial Institution which is wholly-owned subsidiary of Shinhan Bank Korea. Our doors opened in March 2009 and since that day we have been privileged to serve our communities. We have continued to grow our presence, with branches in North York, Mississauga, Thornhill and Coquitlam in British Columbia. Our ultimate goal is to help clients prosper through our expertise, create an environment where our people thrive and unlock their full career potential and enrich our communities.
We are currently looking for an Internal Audit Associate to join our Internal Audit Team. The Internal Audit Associate is responsible for assisting the Audit team in operational, regulatory and other internal audit activities, i.e., conducting internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the business operations including established internal controls and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager (IA Manager) and Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) in operating the Internal Audit Department (IA)
- Manage daily IA department mails through Goldwing mailing system
- Perform review of daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly activities in the IA Department
- Conduct audits per Annual Internal Audit Plan and report any identified operational and internal control deficiencies
- Process day-to-day audit items such as ordinary audit and report any issues, deficiencies and/or irregularities to IA Manager(s) and follow up
- Monitor daily self-audit/inspection for branches & HQ and other regularly audit activities as required
- Coordinate and follow-up on remediate action plans on a monthly basis
- Preparation of all written reports, including system inputs, to management, the Audit Committee, regulators and the Parent Bank in Korea
- Keep up with key strategic, organizational, financial industry, product and regulatory developments and emerging trends
- Conduct branch internal audits
- Assist IA Manager in finding training courses and manage the training status throughout the year
- Assist IA Manager in renewing the IA related membership or audit tools
- Obtain internal audit basic skill by attending class or other method of training
- Ensure compliance with established internal audit policies, plans and procedures
- Perform sundry duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Commerce/Finance
- 3+ years of Canadian banking experience; and/or 1-2 years of audit experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and provide practical and value-added recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of diplomacy
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Legally able to work in Canada
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this job opportunity, however we will only contact candidates selected to continue in the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent