Search our current job opportunities below.
This position is responsible for underwriting and adjudication of new and existing commercial loans.
- Evaluate and recommend decisions on commercial credit applications prepared by branches/CRMs
- Review and confirm credit rating assessments for new applications, renewals and loan reviews
- Perform/review yearly Real Estate Exposure Stress Test and LTV Guideline Review and report to ELC/CEO for approval
- Review new commercial appraisal applications
- Recommend and implement improvements on Bank’s commercial loan guidelines or procedures
- Prepare, coordinate and document PLC or ELC meetings.
- Coordinate Parent Bank or BOD approval request if necessary.
- Provide opinion on prior consultation requests from branches or CRM
- Review new commercial appraisal applications and request approval for registration on the Bank’s list
- Actively participate in team meetings and coaching process
- Compile or review various reports compiled by Credit Associate
- Review reports, proposals and data analysis prepared by Credit Planning
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- 4 -7 years’ related experience in commercial underwriting and adjudication in Canadian financial institution
- Credit underwriting and adjudication experience
- Experience working with internal auditors
Job Related Competencies:
- Knowledge of Administration processes, practices and procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Risk, compliance and audit mindset
- Canadian laws and regulations
- Local market knowledge
- Knowledge of Policy Development processes
- Project management
- Judgment/ Analytical thinking
- Information/ Data seeking
- Attention to detail and quality