Search our current job opportunities below.
The Senior Underwriter, Commercial Mortgage reports directly to the Manager, CAA and is responsible for underwriting and adjudication of new and existing commercial loans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the analysis, evaluation and underwriting of proposed commercial mortgage in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Communicate with BDMs/Branches to obtain and analyze all relevant documents
- Analyze financial data related to loan requests and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare lending parameter such as loan structure, cash flow, collateral, character and other relevant lending issues for approval authorities
- Determine the appropriate credit rating of a customer being analyzed by performing financial and credit analysis
- Responsible for the underwriting of mortgage requests and periodic SOHO evaluation
- Prepare opinion for loan committees to aid sound credit decision on new, renewal and existing loans
- Supervise underwriters and give second opinion to the underwriter’s preliminary analysis
- Perform and co-ordinate the department’s other assignments/projects
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- 5-10 years of related experience in commercial underwriting and adjudication in Canadian financial institution
- Experience working with internal auditors
- Sound judgement and decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure balancing multiple competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this job opportunity, however we will only contact candidates selected to continue in the interview process.